2020 marks the 60th Annual Chamber Awards! Nearly 1,100 respondents cast votes this fall for their favorite businesses, organizations, and individuals in the community. It was the best turnout we’ve ever had!
2020 Chamber Awards
The 2020 Annual Chamber Awards were presented on location on November 23rd and 24th with each award winner at their respective businesses. Due to COVID-19, we decided not to hold a larger in-person awards event this year. Winners were announced daily at 4pm beginning December 1st and concluded with the full video presentation at 7pm on December 7th. A very special thank you to our Celebration Sponsors this year:
Camden National Bank, Changing Seasons Federal Credit Union, and Hannaford.
New Business Award
A new Chamber Member business that has been around for three years or less and holds the promise of being here for many years to come. The new business may be creative, innovative, unique and/or fills a need in the community (Click here for the video presentation)
Hometown Heritage Award
A Chamber Member business that has been around for more years than we can remember and is a bedrock in the community. They contribute experience, knowledge, and wisdom to other businesses (Click here for the video presentation)
Waldo County Business Award
This award recognizes a Chamber Member from Waldo County, or somewhere outside of greater Belfast, that has demonstrated sound business development, civic involvement, and support for our overall business community (Click here for the video presentation)
Innovation & Adaptation Award (NEW)
A Chamber Member business that has fundamentally and creatively innovated and adapted to the unique challenges of the recent pandemic and its economic fallout in order to continue to serve our community (Click here for the video presentation)
Chamber Appreciation Award
NED LIGHTNER, Insight Productions chosen by the Board of Directors
This award is in recognition of someone who has worked with our Chamber to advance what makes Waldo County special and unique (Click here for the video presentation)
Citizen of the Year Award
DOROTHEE & ROB NEWCOMBE, Whale’s Tooth Pub & Beach Cottage Inn
sponsored by Mathews Brothers
This award recognizes a person who has made an outstanding positive impact in Waldo County during the past year or so, either through a single event or on a continuous basis. Nominees can be from any occupation, including business, education, services, medical, government, a charitable organization, or they can be a resident (Click here for the video presentation)
As a bonus, with nearly 1,100 people voting this year, and several of our awards being very close between the winner and the runner up, we decided it would be great to also honor those who had the second most votes this year! Congratulations to our 2020 Runner-Up Winners!
Waldo County Business Award – Maine Alpaca Experience
Hometown Heritage Award – Young’s Lobster Pound
Innovation & Adaptation Award – Colburn Shoe Store
The 2019 Annual Chamber Awards were presented on Saturday, November 16th at the Hutchinson Center in Belfast. The reception began at 5 pm, featuring a band, cash bar and a range of catered hearty appetizers. Brief welcoming remarks and the Annual Award presentations followed at 6:30 pm, with dessert at 7:30 pm. Camden National Bank was the generous Major Sponsor for the event.
- Business Growth Award – TODDY POND FARM sponsored by Bangor Savings Bank
- Waldo County Business Award – SEARSPORT SHORES OCEAN CAMPGROUND sponsored by Damariscotta Bank & Trust
- New Business Award – MAINE OCEAN SCHOOL sponsored by Bangor Federal Credit Union
- Hometown Heritage Award – BELFAST CO-OP sponsored by Nordic Aquafarms, Inc.
- Chamber Appreciation Award – RYAN OTIS, Rollie’s Bar and Grill sponsored by Maine Chevy Dealers & Dutch Chevrolet
- Citizen of the Year Award – MARY WEAVER, The Playhouse
Citizen of the Year Award Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/AlJKUA5A8dI
- Business Growth Award – BELL THE CAT sponsored by Maine Chevy Dealers / Dutch Chevrolet
- New Business Award – LINCOLNVILLE GENERAL STORE sponsored by Elm Street Marketing Essentials powered by ProForma
- Hometown Heritage Award – COLBURN SHOE STORE sponsored by Rollie’s Bar & Grill
- Waldo County Business Award – BELMONT BOATWORKS sponsored by DownEast Credit Union
- Chamber Appreciation Award – JIM LeCLAIR of Smart DataMap Services sponsored by Courier Publications & The Republican Journal
- Citizen of the Year – LEE WOODWARD, JR. sponsored by Damariscotta Bank & Trust